- Tom Brady revealed that one of the keys to unlocking the dominance of former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski came with the help of Peyton Manning.
- During an offseason workout, Brady and Manning were discussing football, when Manning explained a particular play-action pass protection.
- Brady took the protection back to offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien and quickly used it to help turn Gronkowski into the most fearsome pass-catcher in the NFL.
- “Rob Gronkowski has probably 50% of his offensive production on that play,” Brady said.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tom Brady has played with a number of brilliant teammates over the course of his historic career with the New England Patriots.
But no Patriots pass-catcher was as dominant at his position than tight end Rob Gronkowski, whose presence helped change the landscape of the NFL, leading the way for the likes of Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, and other tight ends to become significant parts of their respective teams’ passing attacks