- The LeBron James Family Foundation and Kent State University announced on Wednesday that the inaugural class of LeBron James’ I Promise Network will receive free tuition to Kent State.
- The 193 students were surprised with the gift — which includes free tuition for four years and one year of free room and board — during a visit to Kent State.
- In order to receive the tuition, students have to be accepted into Kent State, fill out financial aid forms, and complete community service hours each semester.
- They will have to work to hold on to the scholarship by remaining in good academic standing, continuing community service, and taking an undisclosed amount of credits every semester.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Students from the inaugural class of LeBron James’ I Promise Network in Akron, Ohio, won’t have to worry about college costs — they’ve been granted four years of free tuition at the nearby Kent State University.
The LeBron James Family Foundation made the announcement in partnership with Kent State on Wednesday, saying that all 193 students from the I Promise’s first graduating class are receiving the surprise gift.
The students are currently juniors in high school, and they were told of the free tuition on a visit to Kent State.
“You are Mr. LeBron James’ first class, his